VASTU TIPS FOR BALCONY
A Balcony is a platform that projects from the wall of the building and is blocked by a number Vastu for Balcony railings. It is usually attached with a bedroom or living room. People use it for relaxing, sitting and unwinding purposes. It may or may not have a roof. The increase in the trend of living in apartment buildings with balconies have taken the place of courtyards. Moreover, it gives shelter from rain, direct sunlight and storm. It is also used as a gathering spot for families to have some fun time in the evening and to enjoy the best of weather conditions.
Here are some Vastu guidelines to be considered while designing a Balcony.
Location of a Balcony
- Balcony should be constructed in the eastern or northern part of the house.
- The ideal position for a balcony is north and east, where there is constant sunlight from morning to evening. The western and southern sides are too hot to sit and hence should be avoided.
- Avoid constructing a balcony in the southern or western side of the main building.
Furniture arrangements in a Balcony
- Heavy furniture and seating should be placed in the south-western, southern or western corner of the balcony.
- Swing can be placed in the east-west axis so the sun does not hit the face of a person directly. Moreover, a person facing north or south while sitting on a swing is considered auspicious according to the Vaastu principles.
- Small plants should be placed in the north-east side of the balcony as they need sunlight to thrive. East and north direction will provide constant sunlight to the plants.
- Small flower pots should be placed in the balcony. Avoid keeping huge ones. Flower pots with creepers should also be avoided in the balcony. Big flower pots and pots with creepers tend to obstruct light in the balcony.
Roof positioning of a Balcony
- The height of the balcony roof should be lower than the roof of the main building. This will give a proportionate look to the balcony in comparison to the main building.
- Asbestos or tin should not be used for the roof of a balcony they absorb and trap heat within a space, making it uncomfortably hot for the users.